Many studies have alluded to the importance of placing HR teams high as a priority within a business, however despite this, HR leaders still believe that they are undervalued by their CEO. In fact, the sixth Harvey Nash Human Resources Survey discovered that two thirds of HR professionals believe the chief HR leader is undervalued by the CEO, while half claimed that the HR leader is considered less important to the Board than the top financial leader such as the CFO. Some organisations also see HR departments as profit-earning only, making them less important to other departments such as sales and marketing. While this may be the case, the last year alone has demonstrated just how critical HR teams are to the success of a business, and Tom Fraine, Chief People Officer at Bulb, also echoed...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.