With LGBT+ History Month well underway, now is the time for business leaders and employers to reflect on how they support their LGBT+ workers, particularly as new data has suggested that these employees are still facing discrimination. CIPD’s new research report Inclusion at work: Perspectives on LGBT+ working lives highlighted the extent of this discrimination, as it found that over 40% of LGB+ workers experienced a conflict at work over a twelve-month period, compared with 29% of heterosexual workers. In addition, more than half of trans workers surveyed said they had experienced conflict over a twelve-month period and at least 50% of these conflicts were unresolved. With the global pandemic continuing to wage on, this has largely taken precedent in many workforces as leaders tackle...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.