There’s a certain persona that cloaks those in leadership positions, largely a sign of respect and professionalism, to which employees have become accustomed. These unwritten rules are basic ones, and cover things such as declining to be involved in the office rumour mill, being warm yet measured in their interactions with workers and displaying passion and enthusiasm for their company.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.