When searching for a new job, candidates often prepare to attend a job interview with their prospective employer which would usually be conducted in-person.
Yet, in light of the coronavirus crisis and subsequent lockdown restrictions, the bulk of these job interviews are being held virtually over platforms such as Zoom. Partaking in a video interview from home can be tricky if the internet connection is unstable or there is a possibility that a child or pet makes an appearance during the call. So, to help candidates ace a Zoom interview during lockdown, Alex Hattingh, Chief People Officer at Employment Hero has shared the following four tips below.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.