The business benefits of championing a diverse leadership team have long been proved; statistics have indicated that businesses can prove better financially, while other studies have shown that it can improve morale, retention and wellbeing. A McKinsey report titled Diversity Matters reflects this as it found that companies in the top quartile for racial and ethnic diversity are 35% more likely to have financial returns above their respective national industry medians. It also discovered that teams with a diverse gender profile are also 15% more likely to outperform the median. This combined result, according to the report, of improving both racial and gender diversity is a 25% net increase in performance. While these stats indicate the clear benefits of diverse teams, progress is still...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.