The coronavirus pandemic has had a huge impact on all businesses – regardless of their size or employee headcounts. Now, with Prime Minister Boris Johnson putting in place a month-long lockdown in England, testing times lie ahead for many businesses. While businesses operating in the same sectors or industries would usually be doing their best to ward off competition, Simon Halkyard, Head Office Talent Acquisition Manager at Asda, wrote on LinkedIn that “now is the time for businesses to support each other”. His words come after a public social media post from the fast-food chain Burger King in which the firm can be seen telling consumers to buy from some of their competitors as well as from them – including McDonald's, KFC, Subway and others. The social media...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.