What is the point of a job title? The basic answer is, of course, to let others know what you do; if the office drain is blocked, it makes sense to search for someone who calls themselves a plumber. Or, if you find yourself in need of a salesperson to join your team, it makes sense to advertise for an open sales position, right?
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.