The current pandemic has caused many businesses to re-think their hiring strategies due to the social distancing measures and lockdown that has been in place for six weeks in the UK. As standard protocol now means that individuals must stand at least two metres apart from one another, while the UK PM’s decision to roll out a nationwide lockdown has stopped non-essential businesses from opening their doors, traditional hiring methods are no longer applicable. For example, long gone are the days where job candidates could visit an office to attend a face-to-face meeting, now things are moving virtual. This is supported by recent stats. A Gartner poll of 334 HR leaders on April 13, 2020, found that 86% of businesses are incorporating new virtual technology to interview candidates due...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.