Amazon has been no stranger to public scrutiny and bad press. During the last year alone the e-commerce giant came under fire a number of times for the treatment of its workers. With claims of gruelling work conditions that have left employees fearful of leaving their post to use the toilet and allegations of ‘spy goggles’ designed to monitor staff performance, Amazon has hit headlines for all the wrong reasons in recent years. Despite the company’s Founder Jeff Bezos pledging his commitment to combating climate change in a positive headline, once again the company has reached the news after its first-ever employee revealed that the tech behemoth now scares him, reported Business Insider. In a BBC Panorama documentary, which aired on TV this week, Shel Kaphan, who joined...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.