Lacing a job rival’s drink with drugs, royal job advertisements and communication trends among recruiters set the scene for this month… Emoji-maniaCommunicating through the means of technology is the norm for the majority of individuals, where emojis are commonplace throughout messages and emails. And it seems that recruiters are now opting to do the same. In fact, research released by Sense revealed that 328,482 emojis were sent by recruiters over the course of 2019, with the smiley face emoticon proving to be the favourite. On the offenceIt’s one thing to insult one individual, but to be able to insult an entire town is quite something. But this is what one employer was able...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.